Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick overview

Before I begin and start to share my experiences with our 2nd round of Clomid I thought I should go back a few weeks and recap.

We made the decision to officially begin TTC shortly after we got married as both knew it wasn't going to be an easy task and we both aren't getting younger. Austin will be 29 this year and I will be the BIG 30! We made an appointment with RSI. Reproductive Science Institute of Suburban Philadelphia asap to get the ball rolling. We had our first appt. with Dr. Munabi at which time he reviewed with us blood results from both Austin & I and also reviewed Austin's SA (semen analysis) We knew that my hormone levels were "normal" for a "cyster" but they were definitely not within normal limits. Austin's blood was fine and his SA was MORE than fine! He has strong swimmers and LOTS of em! We were able to rule out any male factor issues at this point. He's rather proud of this.

We made the decision, as most couples do, to start with Clomid. I was given Provera for 14 days to get my period. I didn't mention that at this point I hadn't had a period for 136 days. After I got my period I then took 100 mg. of Clomid CD (cycle day) 5-9 and was monitored on CD 3, CD 10, CD 16 & again CD 21. Each time I went, my estrogen (E2) levels were low and I showed no response at all. I had one 10 mm follicle on CD 10 but it was gone by CD 16. On CD 21 the Dr. confirmed that I did not Ovulate and I definitely didn't respond at all to the Clomid.
Round 1 -- FAIL/BUST!!

At this time, we decided to move along rather quickly and that day I again started taking Provera to bring on my period.................

No comments:

Post a Comment