What a day...Thank goodness it's Friday! I went to the Dr. at 7:45 AM and had my blood drawn as well as my U/S. My Ovaries looked great..if you call string of pearls wrapped around the inside of each of them great! A typical symptom of PCOS are cysts that resemble a string of pearls. They said they would call with the results of the labs in the afternoon to see if we are good to start the Clomid tomorrow.
For the past couple of weeks, off & on, I've had "spells" of dizziness. It comes and goes and it doesn't happen all the time. I had no clue what this could be at all and just thought it was the meds. I asked the nurse this AM to take my blood pressure. Low and behold, it was elevated. 130/90. Not super hypertensive but definitely not normal. This summer I was in the hospital for my asthma and had very high blood pressure and had tachycardia. The Dr. recommended that I follow up with my PCP and see where to go from here. I left the office feeling like yet again, "I'M NOT NORMAL!!!" Nothing can just go right for me when it comes to medical things. So I called my PCP and they were able to see me in the AM. Luckily I have a wonderful job and they are very understanding. I have the ability to work from home in situations like this so that's extremely helpful. When I got to the Dr. at 10:15 AM my blood pressure was 140/90. Again, elevated! He rechecked it before I left and it was down to 128/82. It's so weird that it fluctuates that much and it seems to happen so often. He feels that he doesn't want to medicate at this point because NO med. is perfectly safe in pregnancy. I go on Monday AM for blood work and then follow up with them again on Wednesday for a BP recheck to see if things changed. WHY ME??? :o(
The good news of the day was that Melanie called from RSI with my lab results and everything was good and we're able to start the Clomid tomorrow, Saturday 3/8/09. I'll be taking it CD3-7. I'm very thankful that my Dr. monitors me or I think I would go nuts not knowing what's going on inside me. They wanted to see my on Friday, March 13th but Austin & I will be in Atlantic City the night before. I made it the appt. for blood & U/S on Monday, March 16th. This will be CD 12 and I'd LOVE to see some mature or maturing follicles.
I'm hoping to have a great relaxing weekend to bring this BP down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment